If you believe you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, contact an attorney immediately.
Medical Malpractice cases are often complicated and costly. These cases are usually very fact and medicine-intensive, and expert analysis is required. Further, victims’ rights have been significantly impacted in recent years by the Georgia General Assembly. A determination about the viability of any potential claim can only be made by competent counsel armed with expert opinions. A tremendous amount of litigation has occurred in this area of law. Georgia victims and their families need a medical malpractice lawyer whose opinions they can trust.
What can you do to assist your attorney?
- Gather as many of the medical records related to the possible malpractice as you can to assist in the case evaluation
- Contact a medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible. Medical malpractice cases almost never settle without a lawsuit being filed. There is a two-year statute of limitations from the date of the malpractice in which to file suit.
- Significant time may be necessary for a proper evaluation so that experts can be contacted for their opinions.
- Significant resources may be required to fight and prevail in these cases. It may take $50,000.00 – $100,000.00 just to get a case to trial. Choose your medical malpractice lawyer carefully and select someone you can trust to fight for your rights.
- Cooperate completely with the counsel you choose. Once you have made this important decision, your counsel will need your full cooperation to build a case that can win at trial. Listen carefully to the advice you are given.
A medical malpractice claim can put a great strain on you and your family. Let our Atlanta personal injury law firm help you take some of the worry away. Call the Monk Law Firm for a free consultation. We are here to help.