Personal injuries involve injuries, accidents, disabilities or wrongful death due to the carelessness of others.
A personal injury is an injury, not to property, but to your body, mind or emotions. When someone’s carelessness causes the injury, under the law, you are entitled to be made whole.
- Any medical bills incurred should be reimbursed.
- Any lost wages should be reimbursed.
- Any pain you suffered should be considered.
- Usually these are non-work related injuries, but sometimes a third party related to your employment can cause your injury even during the course of your job.
- Any property damage will be handled as a separate issue from your PI case. Your attorney will advise you of this.
Many types of injuries fall beneath the umbrella of “Personal Injury”. Some common examples are:
- Motor vehicle accidents (car, truck, van, motorcycle)
- Public transportation accidents (bus, railroad, plane, ship)
- Recreational vehicles (Boats, Jet Ski’s, ATV’s, Motor-Cross Bikes)
- Slip and fall in a public place
- Dog or animal bites
- Nursing home neglect
- Negligent security
- Medical malpractice
Do you have a case?
Many factors, too numerous to mention here, must be taken into consideration in determining whether you have a viable case. Once it is determined that you have a case, the next questions are:
- Can you be made whole again?
- Will your medical bills be paid?
- How do we get you just compensation for your pain and suffering?
- What about lost wages?
If you have suffered a personal injury due to the negligence of another, you need the assistance of a qualified personal injury attorney with the resources to pursue the case on your behalf. Personal Injury cases are accepted on a contingency basis. You only pay our personal injury lawyers when we recover compensation for you. If you have been injured in a personal injury accident, call the Monk Law Firm for a free consultation. We are here to help.
Click to Know more about our services in – Personal Injury Lawyers Athens & Personal Injury Lawyers Macon