When you are involved in an accident or you are injured due to another person’s negligence, it can change your entire life. Not only do you have to figure out the right steps to take in order to put your life back together, but you also have to consider whether or not you will actually be able to do so. Will you be able to return to work? Will you be able to run errands? There is a number of different hindrances that come from being injured, and it is only made worse by knowing that nothing you did led to your unfortunate circumstances.
If you are living in Sandy Springs and you have been injured in an accident, you need a team of lawyers on your side that can provide you with the backup and the resources needed for you to fully recover not only, physically, but also personally and vocationally.
At the Monk Law Firm, our team of highly skilled lawyers will go to bat for you. Not only do we know how to properly investigate your accident, but we will make sure that all of the facts and details are documented carefully so that you have the best chances of receiving the compensation that you deserve.
What type of compensation can you recover from a personal injury claim?
When you hire our Sandy Springs legal team, we will do everything we can to assess your claim as thoroughly as possible in order to come up with a fair compensation amount. This could include the following:
- Payment of medical bills. This may even include the costs that could occur in the future that are due to the injury you sustained.
- Property damage compensation on items that were damaged during the incident, such as if your car was damaged in a wreck.
- Lost income. This includes reduced earning capacity if you were not able to return to your job after your accident occurred.
- Pain and suffering compensation
- Punitive damages, which are intended to punish the party that is at-fault should it be necessary.
Do you need a lawyer for a personal injury claim?
When it comes to dealing with insurance companies, you might begin to think that it won’t be so hard to file a claim and negotiate a fair settlement without professional help. If you have only suffered property damage, this might be true. On the other hand, if you are dealing with injuries, you should absolutely seek the assistance of your local Sandy Springs attorney. It is not simple to assess the damages that have been done in a personal injury case. Not to mention, insurers have plenty of lawyers on their side whose jobs are solely to help avoid paying out more money than is absolutely necessary. When you have a skilled personal injury lawyer on your side, you can be sure that they will be one step ahead of the insurance companies the entire time, making the likelihood of you being fairly compensated much higher.
How can a lawyer assist you in your personal injury case?
When you hire your own personal injury lawyer, you will have someone on your side who is practiced in developing smart legal strategies and managing the multiple details that come with a claim like this. Our attorneys in Sandy Springs will:
- Contact your healthcare provider and speak with them about the medical bills that you are acquiring
- Take overall communication that is occurring between yourself, the insurance company, and the at-fault party.
- Look into the accident and thoroughly investigate every aspect of it.
- Identify which party is potentially responsible
- Document your injuries carefully
- Get options for medical and financial professionals in order to determine how much the injury will likely affect you in the future.
- Negotiate with the insurance company and prepare your case for court in the instance that it will be necessary
Need a personal injury lawyer in Sandy Springs?
If you have been injured in an accident and you are not sure how to proceed, contact our legal office today. Our attorneys would be more than happy to help you during this difficult time. We will do everything we can to ensure that you get the compensation that you deserve. Call right now!