What Does Worker’s Compensation in Athens GA Cover?
Employers in Athens GA buy worker’s compensation to protect themselves from expenses that arise from illnesses and injury suffered by an employee on the job. It may include short-term or even long-term costs paid to the employee to re-compensate for his/her losses. If an employee decides to go ahead and sue you, a part of your legal fees will be covered by this. Worker’s compensation acts as a safeguard against an aggrieved employee wishing to sue their employer for damages. When an employee agrees to receive workers compensation, he/she knowingly relinquish their right to sue their parent company for negligence.
Now, that we have a fair idea what a worker’s compensation is, let’s find out what costs are covered by a worker’s compensation license especially in Athens GA –
- Immediate injuries and health complaints – Any business in Athens GA should exercise due care in trying to prevent on-site injuries and illnesses. It becomes the company’s responsibility to look after the costs when its employee required medical attention. A worker’s compensation will cover all of these medical costs.
- Lost wages – When an employee is ill for a long duration, he/she will have missed a good amount of work. Commonly, laws require employees to pay a portion of the wage for all of these work days which were skipped. Worker’s compensation can reduce your financial burden by covering for these lost wages.
- Care, perhaps, even post-termination – In many cases, the employee needs ongoing care such as rehabilitation and treatment from specialists. The employer has to pay for the cost of this care even if the employee chooses not to return.
- Fatality benefits and funeral costs – Yes, some employees risk their lives every day on the job. High-risk industries have a high employee mortality rate. If an employee of such a company dies, all expenses related to organizing for their funeral falls under Worker’s compensation. In some cases, additional benefits like support payment to the dead employee’s dependent family is also provided with.
- Protection from lawsuits by aggrieved employees – An employer can expect to receive a lawsuit from an employee if they have suffered damages for which the company is to blame. However, if the employee has already agreed to the terms of a worker’s compensation, they will no longer be able to sue the employer.
Another thing to remember is, although worker’s compensation looks after the above mentioned costs that may occur during work-related injury, it does not account for the psychological harm that may be caused on the job.
Federal government employees are insured under federal worker’s compensation and do not enjoy the benefits of state worker’s compensation.
If your employer in Athens GA refuses to extend worker’s compensation benefits to you despite your having suffered an injury on the job, you should hire a lawyer specializing in worker’s compensation to help you with your injury claim. In fact, if you are okay with having your worker’s compensation waived off, you may even file a personal injury claim against your employer in court.
A worker’s compensation insurance is bought for an employee who may sustain an injury or fall sick with some illness on the job. The illness does not need to be short-term. A worker’s compensation covers the cost of treatment for a sustained health complaint too; as long as it has been proved that the condition has been picked up on the job. It works best when both the employee and employer agree to its conditions wholeheartedly. An employer who lends worker’s compensation enjoys protection against a lawsuit from employees as they have to renounce the right to sue their employer when they sign up for this insurance scheme.
Rights under Workers Compensation Athens
When looking for an attorney for workers compensation in Athens you need to understand what you are looking for. Worker’s compensation is a form of insurance taken out by the employer. This insurance is designed to cover lost wages and any medical treatment given for the injury that happened at work. Sometimes, the injury is a going to have long term effects. And, sometimes the injury was the fault of faulty equipment or other negligence on the employers part. These are reasons to seek out a Workers Compensation in Athens attorney.
Not every workers compensation in Athens employee needs an attorney. Most of the time they are simple injuries that the employer and employee can navigate on their own to get the employee the benefits they need. However, there are extreme cases where the workers compensation in Athens isn’t so straightforward and that’s where we can help. Give us a call. And, let’s see what we can do for you.
Know your rights and get results
If at any time you have a dispute with the insurance company, hire an attorney. Challenging an insurance company on your own isn’t a good idea. Insurance companies are big entities with teams of attorneys behind them. It can be challenging to maneuver through the systems alone as well. However we can help, we are an attorney that knows and understands the law. Don’t let the insurance companies intimidate you. Find out your rights and learn what we can do to help. If you are looking at permanent disability due to a work-related accident, you will most likely need a workers compensation Athens attorney by your side. Most insurance companies do not want to pay disability. And, they will dispute what your primary care physician has to say.
Attorneys working for you
Work-related injuries can be something as simple as a couple of stitches. However, the less minor ones may need complex surgeries. And, insurance companies can stop or delay this process due to not approving the procedure. These delays can lead to a mountain of other issues. If you need to have your surgery approved quickly, contact your workers compensation in Athens attorney today. We are happy to help you expedite the process along and get the surgery you need. Give us a call. We are happy to help.
If you are receiving Social Security Disability Insurance benefits the workers compensation could affect it. This is when getting a workers compensation in Athens attorney is necessary. This will affect your benefits long terms, as well as your life. Protecting your assets is important to us. We want to see you respected and treated well for your injuries. Our Athens workers compensation attorneys are ready to hear your case.
Remember you are more than likely going to get a higher payout when working with an attorney. We are trained to deal with the insurance companies and know the laws. Let us help you get the best outcome possible. Get what you are entitled too.
What you need to do after you or a loved one has been involved in an Accident with injury or death at work in Athens GA
If you or someone you love has ben injured, or even killed in a car accident, it is vital that you get professional and knowledgeable help from a law firm that knows how to handle Work related Accident Injuries in Athens GA as well as personal injury cases in Macon GA and Athens GA and Atlanta GA.
We have been doing this for a long time and know how to advise people on the best course of action. We know when to fight for more, and when to accept an offer. If you accept an offer without legal representation, it may well cost you much more than the attorney would have cost you in the first place.
This is an important time for you and your family. Make sure that you have the information that you need. Reach out to the Monk Law Firm and request a No Cost initial consultation. We will NOT charge you anything out of pocket to represent you. Any fee we earn will come from the settlement that we get for you.
We will always have your best interests at heart. Call or email us today here.